Saturday, August 4, 2012

Chewy Gooey Chocolate Sauce

When Miss E goes through a bad sleep stage, I go through a bad food stage.  I know it's not going to help me lose my flab, but when I'm so tired, it's too difficult to concentrate on controlling my cravings as well as my temper!

Sometimes nothing beats a last minute dessert, and growing up, that was always banana splits.  Mum would whip up a chocolate sauce from pantry items and a few minutes later we'd be enjoying one of our favourite treats.

This recipe is a result of trying to figure out how Mum makes her sauce. It's not quite the same, but it's still pretty fab! Mum actually gets me to make it for her now.

There are so many things I love about this sauce: the fact that it's cheap and quick to make is always a plus, and I like that it is lower in fat than other recipes I've seen. But its fudginess that turns to chewiness when it hits the icecream - that's what gets me making it over and over (and making extra so I can lick the saucepan while I'm doing the dishes)!


Chewy Gooey Chocolate Sauce (serves 3-4)

30g butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
2 tbsp milk


1. Place butter in a small saucepan over low to medium heat. Once butter has started to melt, add the cocoa and sugar. Mix to combine.


2. Add milk and stir continuously until sauce starts to boil.


3. Keep stirring while boiling for 1-2 minutes, or until sauce has thickened. Remove from heat and serve immediately over icecream and fruit.

YUM!

3 comments:

  1. I am loving all your recipes Becc! I really want one of these right now, but unfortunately I don't have any ice cream. Maybe tomorrow night! Yum Yum Yum. Your brownie recipe is my go to sweet treat! It is seriously the best recipe I have ever made.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I have a confession... I saw this recipe, checked the freezer for ice cream and despite there being less than a serve of icecream, and it being 9:30pm I made it and it was amazing!! Now I'll have to buy more icecream :-)
    Carmen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mum used to make this sauce, I LOVE it. But with both of us it's either a hit or miss as to if it's chewy or not. I always forget the recipe too, even though it's so simple! Will be book marking this!

    ReplyDelete