Pancakes are the perfect breakfast for a lazy Saturday morning, especially if you can sit in a sunny spot to devour them. And this fruity variety has so much flavour, you don't need to add loads of maple syrup to enjoy them.
Banana & Blueberry Pancakes (makes 8)
3 bananas, mashed
1 cup plain flour
1 cup wholemeal flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup caster sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp butter, melted
1 3/4 cups milk
1 cup frozen blueberries
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and butter. Add to dry ingredients and whisk till smooth. Gently stir in blueberries.
3. Spray a non-stick frying pan with a bit of cooking oil and heat over medium heat. Once hot, spread a cup-full of mixture in the pan.
4. When bubbles start to form on the surface, flip the pancake and cook for another minute before removing from pan.
5. Repeat steps 3 & 4 until all mixture is used. Serve hot with some vanilla or mixed berry yoghurt.
6. For something different for the little'ns, try making their pancakes in their favourite shapes. Simply grease some metal cookie cutters before placing in the greased frying pan, then fill with a thin layer of mixture. Keep the cookie cutters around the pancakes while you flip them to be sure they keep their shape.